Fall Break Bucket List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Juniata chapter.

Fall Break Bucket List

1.     Break out the Uggs: As the temperatures begin to fall, keep your toes cozy with a warm pair of Uggs!

2.     Enjoy some warm apple cider: What is a better way to welcome the brisk fall air than with some warm apple cider? As October is passing by, apple season is at its peak. Grab yourself one either from your hometown or Jitters!

3.     Go on a scary movie date: It is that spooky time of the year again! With Halloween approaching at the end of October, grab your special someone or even a group of friends and hit the theaters. Here are some horror films you can try: Annabelle (Oct. 3rd), Dracula Untold (Oct. 10th), Ouija (Oct. 24th), and Horns (Oct. 31st).

4.     Pick up your Halloween costume: Start thinking of ideas now. You don’t want to wait until last minute because that is when the rush for costumes comes in. Stay tuned for our 2014 Halloween Costume Ideas article!

5.     Decorate your dorm room for Halloween: Take out those Christmas lights two months early and hang them around your room. Hang up some spooky posters or decorations on the ceiling of your wall. Pick up a miniature pumpkin from your hometown or even from Weis and perch it up on your windowsill. Make your room the best on campus and share pictures with us through Twitter (@HCJuniata) and who knows, you might be featured in one of our snapshots!

6.     Do some fall reading: Sit out on a porch, on the grass, or even on a huge pile of leaves and read some of those books that you have been putting off. Some recommendations include How to Love by Katie Cotugno and Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty for our hopeless romantics, 1984 by George Orwell and Catch-22 by Joseph Heller for our classic-lovers, and Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie and It by Stephen King for our thriller fanatics.

7.     Scarf it up: You can do two things with this one: literally, it is the time of year to accessorize your outfits with scarves. Not only are they cute, but they sure can keep you warm in this sweater-weather. Figuratively, the best way to spend your fall break is to eat, eat, and eat! If you are going home for break, bask in some home-cooking. If not, hit downtown and try some of the restaurants Huntingdon has to offer!

8.      Go to a haunted house: Aside from picking up your costume, decorating your dorm room, and watching scary movies, why not put yourself in an even more festive mood by going to a haunted house?

9.     For those of us going home, cherish the time you have with your family: For many of us, fall break will be the first time going home since the academic year started. Take advantage of this four-day break to relax with your family and friends. Make the most of it because it will be another month until we’ll have a chance to go back home!

10.  Hey, it’s cuffing season: For all you single ladies out there, the cool air makes it a great time to find yourself a “bae.” Put yourself out there and introduce yourself to that someone you’ve had your eyes on since August. Don’t be afraid to be yourself because there is no one more beautiful than your true self.