Kayla Bacon-Love Your Melon Group
Kayla Bacon-Love Your Melon Group
Kayla Bacon / Her Campus

Why You Need To Join Clubs on Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Chances are if you’re reading this then you’re apart of Her Campus at your school. Each college has an endless list of clubs that will fit every interest. They have a club for almost anything and if your school doesn’t have something that interests you then you can create your own. There are different levels of sports so you can figure out how involved you want to be. There’s Greek life and an unlimited amount of sororities and co-ed fraternities. Joining a club on campus can be beneficial for a number of reasons.

Meet new people

You’ll make new life-long friends and grow your network. 

Gain opportunities

Each club comes with opportunities you wouldn’t have had before. Some include internships, scholarships, and even trips. 

Build your resume

Employers want to see who you are and that includes what you’re involved in on campus.

Receive leadership opportunities

Work your way up in the organization and if it seems like the right fit then you can run for an exec position.

Improve your skills

Personally, joining clubs on campus has improved my college experience.

Kate is majoring in writing, rhetoric, and technical communication and minoring in entrepreneurship. You can usually find her at Starbucks and listening to true crime podcasts.
Lexie is a marketing & music gal, who enjoys listening to Taylor Swift, drinks an alarming amount of cold brew & loves going to concerts!