Why Harry Styles is the Best Member of One Direction

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

It does not matter at what point on the timeline that you analyze, you still come to the same conclusion every single time. Harry Styles is simply the best member of One Direction. Do not get me wrong, I love all five (yes five, I still count you Zayn) just the same, but Harry has a special place in my heart.

He is so generous and kind. He gives back and raises awareness for issues that he deems important and urges his fans to do the same. This is a trait that I think is very important, especially for someone with the amount of fame that he has. Ed Sheeran even once said in an interview that he bought dozens of pizzas and passed them out to people on the street, but did not tell anyone because he did not need the credit for it. I think that says so much about his character. His slogan “Treat People With Kindness” really echoes this characteristic.

Have you ever been to a One Direction or a Harry Styles solo concert? If not, you are missing out. His energy is absolutely electrifying. I saw One Direction every single tour when they came to the Washington D.C. area, even when they opened up for Big Time Rush March of 2012. A year ago exactly, I saw Harry Styles perform solo at the DAR Constitution Hall with my older sister and we saw him at the Capital One Arena this past summer. His stage presence ridiculous in the best way possible.

I am a 20 year old Media Arts and Design major with a concentration in Creative Advertising and minors in Music Industry and Communications at James Madison University from Fredericksburg, Virginia.
School of Media Arts and Design student with a concentration in Interactive Design. Campus Correspondent for the JMU chapter of Her Campus, Campus Coordinator for Rent the Runway on Campus, and Social Media Marketing Intern for Auntie Anne's.