What’s Hot on TV this Fall…

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.
Whether we are eagerly anticipating Sue’s latest antics on Glee, wondering if the Blair and Prince duo will last on Gossip Girl, or how the last season of Desperate Housewives will unfold there will be many new additions to the television guide this fall.

Who can forget the endless laughter between the three families on the award-winning show Modern Family or watch as the relationship drama unfolds on Grey’s Anatomy.  On a darker note, but still a personal favorite, Showtime’s Dexter begins its sixth season as a lovable serial killer who questions his feelings about faith and passing his beliefs to his son.  One thing is for sure, there is a lot of quality television coming up and I may or may not be planning my work schedule around various TV programs…

One of the most anticipated shows this fall in my book is New Girl staring the quirky Zooey Deschanel on Fox, Tuesday, September 20 at 9 p.m.  Zooey plays the role of Jess, a socially awkward girl who moves in with three bachelors after a messy breakup.  The living dynamic will ensure laughs and possibly a romance down the line?  As a Pretty Little Liars fan, ABC must fill my time with another show and I recommend checking out Revenge which airs Wednesday, September 21 at 10 p.m.  The leading lady, Emily VanCamp (also seen in Brothers and Sisters) plays a mysterious woman with a dark past and a thirst for revenge on those who hurt the ones she loved.  The ominous tone and peculiar trailers on TV spark my curiosity so I hope it does not disappoint!

For those Lost fans out were obsessed with extravagant plot lines consisting of polar bears, time travel and black smoke, Terra Nova might be the choice for you.  The Steven Spielberg drama will focus on a family who travels back to prehistoric Earth to save the human race, airing on Fox on Monday, September 26 at 8 p.m.  Any Jurassic Park fans out there?

For those interested in the 60’s, both Pan Am and The Playboy Club should not disappoint.  Pan Am, airing on ABC on Sunday, September 25 and 10 p.m. is a drama centered on the loves and lives of stewardesses of the iconic airline.  It becomes evident that while they are working for one of the greatest airlines, their lives are very turbulent (no pun intended).  The Playboy Club will be competing with Pan Am on the very same time slot, but showing on NBC.  This series will be following a group of Bunnies and the men in their lives, along with dealing with the mob, obviously.

Make sure to do your research and plan your schedule accordingly!  Happy watching collegiettes!

Alexa is a junior from Cream Ridge, New Jersey.  She is studying Media Arts & Design with a concentration in Corporate Communication and minors in Creative Writing and Anthropology.  She works for the JMU Office of Residence Life as a Program Adviser and as the Graphics Editor for The Breeze.  She loves watching The Bachelor, pinning to her fashion boards and running outside.   Alexa aspires to work in the glamouous fashion magazine industry in New York City or LA.