This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

I am the kind of girl that doesn’t do a whole insta-makeup look every time I go to class or run to the grocery store, but there is a routine that I rely on to make me feel confident and fresh for everyday activities. 

Here I will tell you about my everyday products: 

1. Witch Hazel

Not gonna lie, I have a bad habit of sleeping in my makeup. That should be detrimental to my skin but Witch Hazel is an absolute lifesaver. I use it every morning to remove whatever makeup is left from the day before and give my face a fresh start. 

2. Smashbox BB Cream

Finding the perfect foundation coverage is such a challenge for me. I don’t like bare-facing it all the time, but I can’t stand products that suffocate my face. This foundation has been a godsend in my life. It provides the perfect amount of coverage to smooth everything over, and the color range it provides makes it super easy to find something to match your unique complexion. You can set it with any setting powder, and head on your way. 

3. Anastasia Brow Dip

Brows! Brows! Brows! Brows are a girl’s best friend and this product has never let me down. She provides the ability to either slap on thick, Instagram brows or add a light amount to just shape them up and make them pop. 

4. Better Than Sex Mascara

I LOVE eyelashes. This has to be my favorite part of any makeup look. Too-Faced’s Better Than Sex Mascara makes your lashes so long you can fly away. Be prepared for the eye-fluttering superpowers that this mascara will give you. 

5. Morphe Setting Spray 

Next, I spray a good layer of Morphe’s Continuous Setting Spray all over my face and in true beauty guru style, fan in dry. I like to do this every day just to prevent any sliding or smearing that might occur. 

6. Carmex Chapstick

To add the finishing touch, I’ll hydrate my lips with some good ole Carmex. I have three tubes so one stays with me at all times. Best way to keep your lips soft and smooth for the girl on the go. 

Hope you guys give these projects a try, and remember, with or without makeup you are still slaying it girl!

Graduated the Math and Science High School at Clover Hill in 2018 Attends James Madison University, majoring in Media Arts and Design with a concentration in Digital Video and Cinema
School of Media Arts and Design student with a concentration in Interactive Design. Campus Correspondent for the JMU chapter of Her Campus, Campus Coordinator for Rent the Runway on Campus, and Social Media Marketing Intern for Auntie Anne's.