This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

It’s that time of year again – summer has dwindled down and life on campus has begun! By now, most of us are pretty ready to be back. Sure, summer is wonderful, but between dealing with pesky siblings and less than awesome summer jobs (not to mention mosquitoes!), it’s nice to be on campus again. I know I’ll miss the lazy evenings and bubble fests, but it’s time to get back to work (that’s what we’re supposed to be doing here, right?). It’s going to be difficult not being able to see family and old friends everyday anymore, but there are less than few places more fun to be than JMaddy! Plus, nobody can resist Cheesy Thursdays or TDU Jenga sessions much longer. I know I for one will be doing some owling near Big Jimmy (planking is so yesterday). What are you looking forward to about the school year and what will you miss about summer?

Alexa is a junior from Cream Ridge, New Jersey.  She is studying Media Arts & Design with a concentration in Corporate Communication and minors in Creative Writing and Anthropology.  She works for the JMU Office of Residence Life as a Program Adviser and as the Graphics Editor for The Breeze.  She loves watching The Bachelor, pinning to her fashion boards and running outside.   Alexa aspires to work in the glamouous fashion magazine industry in New York City or LA.