This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Valentine’s Day has gained a reputation as one of the worst holidays still celebrated in the modern world. But if we’re being honest, it isn’t that bad, right? WRONG. Not only is it stressful and expensive for those who are in relationships but it is yet again another reminder that most of us have spent the winter holding our own hands to keep them warm in the chilly, snow-filled evenings. Luckily for those of you unfamiliar with the struggle bus that is February 14th, Steve Harvey is here to explain it.

It’s almost Valentine’s Day and watching coupled people lose their sh*t over it looks like

You try explaining to them that Cupid is literally just capitalism in disguise, but it kind of goes like

And pretending like you care about everyone’s cutesy plans is kind of like

When someone invites you to be the seventh wheel on their V-Day triple date, you smoothly dodge that bullet in this manner

But then you realize that your mom will once again be your valentine and you promptly dismount from atop your high horse

Walking through Walmart and comparing all of the glittery pink hearts to your black, bitter one is like

And seeing couples all across campus has you like

While Galentine’s day is great, you’d rather be in bed like

And when one of your gal’s spends the whole night talking about her BF, you’re kind of just like

Walking around on February 14th looks a lot like

And anyone who tries to talk to you is met with this reaction

But then you remember that February 15th is half priced chocolate day and everything is right in the world again

Writer of words and animal sweater enthusiast.Twitter- @SydneyEsThierInstagram- @sydney_esther
Hey everyone! I'm Megan, a senior at James Madison University pursuing a double major in the School of Media Arts and Design (with a concentration in journalism) and political science, and a minor in political communication. I am an avid Netflix viewer, obsessed with breakfast foods, and a yogi-- queue the headstand. I love to read news and stay up to date with all things pop culture...and I also love to write, go figure! Due to extreme wanderlust, I am always on the move, and I look forward to traveling the world and whatever comes with it. Feel free to contact me with any questions or comments you have. Enjoy!