Unboxing: Back to School Survival Kit 2014

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Last week, we received an awesome kit from Her Campus Nationals, and we wanted to give a shout out to the amazing sponsors and products!

The first item we noticed upon opening it were the awesome “Financial Aid” BOGO burrito cards from Chipotle. We LOVE Chipotle! This is a great excuse to take a study break and grab some food with a pal, we just hope the line won’t be too long….

The next item, which was pretty hard not to miss, was the Cupcake Panty from Affinitas. These were cute, individually packaged underwear! Each of our staff members received one and they are so comfy! (and no panty lines!) The Cupcake Panty is the perfect on-the-go item. Tuck it in your gym bag for post-workout, stash at your boyfriend’s, or toss into your overnight bag for a weekend getaway. Cupcake Panties are a great fit for every occasion.

We also received a ton of samples from Garnier! These included the blackhead scrub and cleansing oil. We have fallen in love with the scrub—the particles are so fine and gentle, but it makes your face feel SO clean.

Nasty Gal provided a super cute tote and buttons, which was quickly snatched up by one of our eager team members. It is a great size for carrying books to class, as well as making a fashion statement!  Nasty Gal is a global online destination for fashion-forward, free-thinking girls. The shop is an international style source offering both new and vintage clothing, shoes, and accessories. #nastygalsdoitbetter

Aeropostale provided an awesome water bottle to use on our runs, as well as some $10 shopping cards! We put these to good use and even gave some to our friends for a little retail therapy. (It was much needed after midterms….)

The Tanda Zap was also included in our survival kit—this is an awesome piece of light technology that helps reduce breakouts! We are still in the process of trying it out, but we will definitely update yall soon! Tanda Zap is a pocket-sized zit zapper that combines blue LED light with sonic vibration and gentle warming to destroy acne-causing bacteria on skin and in pores, breaking the cycle of acne to clear pimples fast.

We received great coupons from European Wax Center (SO many locations- check them out next time you need your brows waxed!), Sweet Green, and Soul Cycle and are so excited to use them! 

• Unfortunately we don’t have a Sweet Green here in Harrisonburg, but our NOVA friends are pumped to use them on break!  Sweet Green sources local and organic ingredients from farmers they know and partners they trust, supporting our communities and creating meaningful relationships with those around us.
  • “At SoulCycle we believe that fitness can be joyful. We climb, we job, we sprint, we dance, we set our intention, and we break through boundaries. The best part? We do it all together as a community.”

LUNA provided us with great study snacks for those late nights in the libraries—we love the chocolate coconut flavor!  LUNA bars help you wake up every day and make things happen and are the perfect way to satisfy your cravings in a nutritious way!

Lastly, we received a free app download from Clue. Clue is a period cycle tracker, and it is SO. AWESOME. Seriously! Go download it right now (free in the app store!).  It allows you to track your cycle as well as other factors during your beloved time of the month (so now you don’t have to guess when your doc asks…)!

Thank you to our awesome sponsors and Her Campus Nationals for spoiling us with such great goodies! You all are the best!

I am a junior at JMU studying Media Arts & Design- Corporate Communication. I am a member of Phi Mu Fraternity in addition to Her Campus! I was born in Troy, OH and grew up in both Kings Mountain, NC and Richmond, VA. I am the oldest child, the only blonde in my immediate family, and the only one who has 20/20 vision.