This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

It’s the holiday season baby, and the time for gift giving is upon us! Figuring out what to get your friends and loved ones can be stressful… but fear not! I’m here to provide everyone with the ultimate holiday gift guide for all types of people in your life. I always try to have a theme surrounding my gifts. It shows some extra thought and effort was spent and allows me to tailor to the kind of person I’m gifting. It’s the season of giving, so here’s an all access pass to spoiling the ones you love!

The Self-Care Package

Everyone has that person in their life (a mom, a close friend) that’s constantly on the go. They’re always stressin’ out and never taking any time for themselves. These gifts are perfect for those who need a lil’ extra reminder (or push) to chill out and practice some self-care every once and a while:

Comfy, plush blanket

Fuzzy socks 

Face masks

Nail polish

Essential oil diffuser (can customize the oils based on their needs/favorite scents)

The Beauty Guru

This is for the complete beauty and product junkies in your life, we all have ‘em. You can never go wrong with browsing the beauty isles, or Ulta and Sephora, to find something new and shiny to spice up their makeup collection:

Eyeshadow palette

Lip kit

Highlighter (everyone loves a good glow)

Sephora gift sets (can score some major savings & get a bang for your buck!)

An array of travel-sized products (the checkout line at Sephora always gets me)

The Fashionista

For the ones who are constantly on top of the newest trends in the fashion world, and the gals who are accessory fiends:

Beanie (a winter essential)

Funky belts (animal prints are HUGE right now)

Dainty jewelry (can never have too much jewelry)

Statement jacket

The Skincare Junkie

The ones who are all about the natural glow – this one’s for them:

All things Glossier (my personal favorite skincare brand) 

Sunday Riley C.E.O Glow Serum 

Drunk Elephant (have heard great things)

The Men in Your Life

I know men can be tricky, so here’s what I’ve gathered as practical and useful throughout the years:

Socks (for all the Dads out there – shoutout to you)

Sweatpants

Hoodies

Cologne 

From the Heart

Lastly, this can be for anyone in your life. Sometimes we don’t want to/can’t afford to break the bank on a gift. Here are some ideas that are thoughtful and just as valuable as any purchase you can make:

A framed picture

A handmade painting

Personalized playlist (of curated songs that remind you of them)

An experience (a day trip, planned out by you, with some of your favorite things to do together) 

Happy gift giving!

Xx,

Brianne

A Media Arts & Design student, coffee addict, lover of old music, '90s fashion and a huge passion for creating and storytelling.
School of Media Arts and Design student with a concentration in Interactive Design. Campus Correspondent for the JMU chapter of Her Campus, Campus Coordinator for Rent the Runway on Campus, and Social Media Marketing Intern for Auntie Anne's.