Top 5 iPhone Apps of 2011!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

As the years progress, the iTunes App Store receives more and more downloads from customers anxious to buy the next big thing.  2011 was no exception to this trend.  Here are the top five most popular apps from 2011, as I’m sure we all have already downloaded ourselves.

5. iBooks
It’s a Kindle for your phone!  Having the ability to buy and read right away is a great asset to those who can’t wait to read the next Hunger Games book.  Plus it’s something to do when you’re awkwardly standing in a room by yourself.

4. Angry Birds Rio
Just like with The Sims games, we need to purchase the Angry Birds expansion packs.  Any unique chance to destroy those pigs, we will gladly pay an extra 99 cents.  Plus, the movie theme adds fun new backgrounds!

3. Skype
We can carry our friends around in our pocket!  Wherever we are, no laptop or computer system is necessary to sign on and connect with others.

2. Facebook
The most popular site on the web must always be within inches of our fingertips.

1. Angry Birds
With over 500 million downloads in two years, Angry Birds has expanded to different themed apps, as well as plushies, clothing items, and other merchandise.  This was definitely the phenomenon of 2011.

Chantal Johnson is a senior at James Madison University, studying Media Arts and Design with a concentration in Digital Video and Cinema. Aside from Her Campus JMU, she is involved with University Program Board. Chantal loves hanging out with her friends, listening to her "feel good" playlist on her iPod, or just curling up with a really good book in her spare time. Chantal loves her hometown, Roanoke,Virginia, but can't wait to graduate and explore her opportunities around the world! Within the next 10 years, Chantal's dream job would be becoming "the next Shonda Rhimes"!