Things to Do | Green Valley Book Fair

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

One of the greatest things about JMU is how there are just as many great things to do off-campus as there are on-campus. If you get the chance, you should definitely check out the Green Valley Bookfair in Bridgewater, Virginia, before you graduate! Located just 10 miles south of campus, it’s a great way to spend an afternoon.

Besides a huge selection of books, the book fair also has home decor, notebooks, games, shirts, and so much more. The best part is, almost everything is up to 90% off retail price. For under $30, I’ve walked out with two shopping bags full of books. It’s a bookworm’s heaven.

The Green Valley Book Fair is only open during selective dates, so plan your trip accordingly! Currently, they’re open until October 23rd, then they’ll be open again from November 24th through December 17th. As a college student, I love visiting the book fair right before the holiday season because it’s a great way to stock up on gifts for your friends and family at a low price! 

Just be warned, once you’ve visited the Green Valley Book Fair you’ll be obsessed. They’re constantly changing their selection of books, so there’s always something new to find! 

19-year-old intersectional feminist on a mission to spread love and encourage girls to embrace their sexuality and bodies. Also on the mission to find the most delicious cup of coffee.
Hello, it's me. Edel (pronounced like the singer), was previously Assistant Social Editor, Video for Her Campus Media. She graduated in May 2018  from James Madison University in with a double major in Media Arts and Design and Communications Studies. Before joining the HC girl gang full-time she was the Campus Correspondent for the JMU Her Campus Chapter. She's an avid social media user, food enthusiast, and shopping extraordinaire. You can catch her taking a coffee break or binge-watching romantic comedies on Netflix.