These Characters WERE Your Sexual Awakening (Whether You Realized it or Not)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Shang from Mulan

I would go to war against the Hun if it meant I could meet Shang. (And lick his abs…) A warrior, a protector, a guy who doesn’t care that the woman he was in love with was previously a man that he was very confusingly attracted to…

Shawn Hunter from “Boy Meets World”

He’s pretty much the OG bad boy with a tragic home life and a heart of gold that we all just wanna hold and protect and shower with affection.

Aladdin from Aladdin

Easily the hottest street rat of all time. Aladdin makes begging for food look good. The worst part of the movie? When he gets a shirt.

While we’re on the topic…

Jasmine from Aladdin

I mean come on, she was independent and fiery-spirited, not to mention that hair and those eyes and that bod.

Peter Pan from Peter Pan (2003)

Pretty much the ultimate childhood crush right here. He brought animated Peter Pan fantasies to life, and in case you are wondering, he’s still hot as hell.

Speaking of Peters…

Peter Pevensie from The Chronicles of Narnia

So brave, so good, so majestic… Name a childhood hero more swoon-worthy than him. I’ll wait.

Shego from “Kim Possible”

I’m sorry but there is just no way she did nothing to you in your adolescence. She’s so badass and evil, I love the way she would just kick me in the throat. Hot.

Zack and/or Cody from “The Suite Life of Zack and Cody” & “The Suite Life on Deck”

YOU ARE LYING IF THEY WEREN’T SOME OF YOUR FIRST CRUSHES EVER. Do you prefer Zack? Do you prefer Cody? Doesn’t matter! You can change your mind season to season, but the point is, there’s always a Sprouse twin for everyone.

Prince Zuko from “Avatar: the Last Airbender”

Now here’s a REAL bad boy. Or at least, he was until he got the best redemption arc of all time. Good or bad, he was beautiful and you all know it. He’s like the Draco Malfoy of animated TV shows. Which reminds me…

Draco Malfoy from Harry Potter

I will gladly fight anyone on the merits of Draco Malfoy. Just a naughty little boy with an evil father doing his best. (Best HP character, sorry not sorry.)

Uncle Jesse from “Full House”

I feel like… this doesn’t even require an explanation. John Stamos is one of the sexiest men to ever live, I’m not sure younger-me was even ready for this kind of exposure. Have mercy…

Benny “The Jet” Rodriguez from The Sandlot

Last but certainly not least is someone near and dear to my heart and all of my childhood crush fantasies. I’ve seen The Sandlot more times than any other movie ever, in my entire life. This guy right here had a LOT to do with that. What a babe… I even almost liked baseball for him. (But that’s a hard no.)

Senior Media Arts & Design major with minors in Communications and British Communication & Media. I enjoy drinking tea, watching movies, working out, all things nerdy, and being feminist af.