The Bachelor: Who Is Going To Be In The Final Two?

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Warning!!! Bachelor spoilers ahead!!!

Daisy, Maria, Kelsey A., and Rachel. Four beautiful, amazing women, with only one of them who’s going to be receiving a proposal. We’ve spent weeks watching these women slowly fall in love with Joey Graziadei, but who do we think is going to be in the final two?

Daisy has always been a fan favorite since day one. From being open about her cochlear implant to having such a genuine personality, I’ve personally rooted for Daisy since the first episode. She has such a real connection with Joey, and I’ve been able to recognize it since her first one-on-one with him. But what will happen after admitting that she isn’t in love with Joey yet?

I’ll be honest, I was really nervous when Daisy opened up to Joey about how she’s been feeling emotion-wise, which led to her admitting that she wasn’t in love with him yet. I thought it was really honest of her to say that she wasn’t going to lie to Joey and say that she was falling for him just so she would get a rose. Thankfully, Joey appreciated her honesty and gave her a rose regardless, because he can see their potential and truly sees a future with her. But is she going to be in the final two? Honestly, I’m not sure.

Daisy seems like one of the most genuine girls we’ve seen on the Bachelor ever; she seems so sweet and viewing her social media presence reaffirms this as well. From being an author of a children’s book to always supporting the other girls on the show whenever they get a rose or one-on-one, Daisy is definitely one of my all-time Bachelor favorites.

While I think that Daisy’s connection with Joey is so genuine and I can truly see fireworks every time they’re on screen together, I wonder if her lack of feelings for Joey will have an adverse effect on their relationship come hometowns. While I definitely think that she’s been a shoo-in for the final two since day one, I almost wonder if it’s just too predictable. I really do hope that she’s going to be in the final two, but honestly, who knows?

Rachel: I’ll be honest, I think she’s going to go home next. While she has an amazing personality and is so beautifully reassuring to Joey, I feel as though her connection with Joey isn’t as strong as his connections are with the other women. We see her sobbing after hometowns in the preview for the next episode, and it makes me wonder if hometowns didn’t go well for her. She seemed overly confident about Joey meeting her family, but is this confidence going to backfire?

While it may be controversial, I don’t think Joey and her look good together, and I honestly can’t picture her being one of the girls in the final two. I feel as though she doesn’t really stand out in group dates either like the other girls do, and she seems to fall in the shadows by keeping to herself on group dates. Believe me, I absolutely adore how reassuring she is to Joey about her feelings, but I just can’t seem to grasp onto their connection. Don’t hate me! I just haven’t liked her as much as I’ve liked the other girls.

Maria is definitely my favorite other than Daisy, as she stands strong as the other fan favorite. I love how genuine and real she is, and I feel like she and Joey have such a genuine spark that he doesn’t have with the other women. With their one-on-one last week, their connection was so admirable and beautiful, and I feel like she truly brings out his personality in a way that the other girls don’t. She persevered through all of the drama and hatred that others had for her, and I honestly think that some of the other women weren’t the biggest fan of her because she was so confident in herself and confident in her connection with Joey. But what happened to her confidence during the most recent episode?

She doubted herself and her connection with Joey. It’s really hard to be in love with a man and to see him have such strong connections with other gorgeous women. While she knew what she was getting herself into when she signed up for the show, she simply didn’t know that it would affect her as much as it did. Personally, I believe that she wanted Joey to chase after her and beg her to stay when she admitted she was having doubts, and she panicked when he didn’t do that.

I feel like Maria’s connection with Joey is the strongest out of everyone, but are her insecurities going to be a dealbreaker? I honestly was surprised that she got a rose at the Rose Ceremony, but evidently, Joey felt as though his connection with her overpowered her doubts. I honestly think that she’ll be in the final two, but I also would love to see her on The Bachelorette if she doesn’t manage to get the final rose.

Maria has such a fiery, yet admirable, personality, and I think that all Bachelor fans can agree that we want to see more of her. I definitely think that if she doesn’t end up with Joey, we’re going to see her in another season. Selfishly, part of me doesn’t want her to win just so I can see her on The Bachelorette. While I definitely think that she’s going to be in the final two, who knows if she’ll get the final rose? She expressed to Joey that hometowns won’t be easy because she has an overprotective father, so it leads me to wonder how this will affect their relationship.

Kelsey A: honestly, I think she’s been an underdog. Everyone has been so distracted with the Sydney and Maria drama while simultaneously obsessing over Daisy that we haven’t even really fixated on Kelsey A all that much. I think she’s such a sweet girl, and recently, I’ve been able to see her being in the final two. While I would absolutely love to see Daisy and Maria in the final two, part of me has a gut feeling that Kelsey will be one of the women to make it to the final two. She seems like such a sweet and funny girl, and her connection with Joey is absolutely undeniable.

When Kelsey shyly admitted to Joey that she was falling for him and he went “Did you just whisper that? Say it one more time.” OH!!! MY!!! GOSH!!! I will never be able to get over that interaction between them, and it just reinforces how strong their connection is. Kelsey seems like she’s floating on cloud nine whenever she’s with Joey, and it’s honestly adorable to see. She seems so genuine and funny based on her social media presence, and I love seeing her and Joey interact. I can genuinely see her being in the final two, but is her connection with Joey as strong as it is with the other girls? I’m honestly not sure. I feel like she hasn’t had as much screen time as other girls, such as Maria, so it makes it hard to determine.

As much as I want to say that I think it’ll be Daisy and Maria in the final two, I feel like we’ve expected this since the very first episode. While I’d love to say that Daisy is a shoo-in, my overall prediction is Kelsey A. and Maria in the final two. I fear that Daisy not being in love with Joey yet will stunt their growth and overall result in her going home next episode. The Rose Ceremonies are getting increasingly more difficult, with Joey having an incredibly tough decision to make next week. In the end, I think Kelsey A. will get the final rose and Maria will go on The Bachelorette. But I’ll silently be praying that either Maria or Daisy get the final rose.

In the end, whoever is the final girl on The Bachelor, whether it be Rachel, Maria, Kelsey A., or Daisy, truly does deserve it. All of these girls are simply looking for love, and while only one of them will find it, all of them have made unforgettable memories and lifelong friends in the process. While none of us have any idea who is going to win Joey’s heart on The Bachelor, we can still speculate and ensure that we’re glued to the T.V. next Monday (or Tuesday if you’re a Hulu girly). Who do you think is going to get the final rose?

Emma is a third year at James Madison University with a major in elementary education. In her free time you'll usually find her cuddling her cat or listening to Olivia Rodrigo. She loves thrifting, hanging out with friends, and writing.