This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Chocolate and frozen yogurt is my guilty pleasure – which is not always the best thing.  However, there are many ways to indulge in decadent desserts in the Harrisonburg community, so if you’re like me and just can’t resist the sugar, you’re in luck!

If you have not been to Klines and/or Brusters ice cream parlors, then you absolutely must go.  Brusters has more options, whereas Klines has a flavor of the week but they are both great places to go and indulge in a cold treat.

When it comes to cookies, Campus Cookies is the best way to go—and delivering to your door is a nice feature! If you want the best of both worlds, go to Hams for their infamous cookie skillets!  A gob of cookie dough slightly cooked with ice cream on top, sounds good to me!  I can’t count the amount of times I have been to Hams solely to enjoy a cookie skillet with my friends.

Finally there is Sweet Bee, the newest place in town.  I was impressed with the trendy furniture and lively atmosphere, not to mention the endless options of frozen yogurt and toppings.  As a build your own creation kind of place, it can get a bit overwhelming, but this just gives me a chance to go back and try more!

If you venture downtown, check out Cocolicious, Harrisonburg’s only cupcake shop filled with a wide variety of specialty cupcakes.  My personal favorite is mint chocolate chip!  Right around the corner is Billy Jacks, known for their wings and fun bar atmosphere.  However, as I recently found out, they also have delicious donuts as well, such as the Psychotic Girl scout; a wonderful combination of chocolate, peanut butter, and marshmallow all on top of a freshly baked donut.

How do you satisfy your sweet tooth, collegiettes™?  

Alexa is a junior from Cream Ridge, New Jersey.  She is studying Media Arts & Design with a concentration in Corporate Communication and minors in Creative Writing and Anthropology.  She works for the JMU Office of Residence Life as a Program Adviser and as the Graphics Editor for The Breeze.  She loves watching The Bachelor, pinning to her fashion boards and running outside.   Alexa aspires to work in the glamouous fashion magazine industry in New York City or LA.