Summer Time and the Livin’ is Easy…

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Ah, finally! Summer has arrived and cars are packed and ready

for a long or short drive home. Meals no longer involve walking to get them and laundry is free- hooray! There are so many great things about being home, but I’ve noticed after a while, summer vacation seems to drag. If friends that attend other colleges are on different schedules than you, sometimes one really is the loneliest number at home. I’ve already typed up a few things I want to do over the summer on a Stickie on my computer. This list includes a fairly long reading list (The Help and Water for Elephants are at the top!), a reminder to buy new goggles so I can finally swim laps outside, recipes I want to try (thanks Food Gawker!), and excursions I want to go on. Don’t let you summer waste away as you sit on the couch; what do you want to do this summer? 

Chantal Johnson is a senior at James Madison University, studying Media Arts and Design with a concentration in Digital Video and Cinema. Aside from Her Campus JMU, she is involved with University Program Board. Chantal loves hanging out with her friends, listening to her "feel good" playlist on her iPod, or just curling up with a really good book in her spare time. Chantal loves her hometown, Roanoke,Virginia, but can't wait to graduate and explore her opportunities around the world! Within the next 10 years, Chantal's dream job would be becoming "the next Shonda Rhimes"!