Style… On The TLC Tip!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

So if you didn’t notice, Crazy Sexy Cool: The TLC Story premiered on VH1 this week. Not only was it well deserved and expertly casted (the movie’s version of the girl group look so much like the original!), but it refreshed my memory of how great TLC’s fashion choices were! They truly are icons not only in the music world, but in the fashion world as well! Although a lot of what they wore was unified, their individual personalities were highlighted so well. So I thought to myself, “What better way to honor them than by bringing some of their most memorable fashion markers from the 90s to the 2000s?!”

This outfit screams TLC, but is mostly based of the late Lisa “Left Eye” Lopez eclectic and fun style! Tons of bright colors, huge door-knocker earrings and, to top it all off, the classic overalls guarantee you to catch “no scrubs.”

On the more sexy side we have this outfit, which is straight out of the music video for “Hat 2 Da Back.” TLC would totally rock this crop top to show off those killer abs of theirs! Always the ones for color, the shoes add just the right splash of brightness.

Harem pants are a trend that I know TLC would eat up! They love their clothes baggy and this outfit represents more of their tom-boyish, yet sleek, style. Complete with funky jewelry, a mesh shirt (a staple of any 90’s closet), and comfy kicks to “creep” in.