Stay Safe and Stunning in the Sun

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Considering the arctic winds that have been blowing around JMU recently, I’m sure everyone is craving some warm, sunny weather. But while there’s almost nothing more luxurious than feeling those summer rays on your skin, it’s incredibly important to remember to keep your skin protected from sun damage. One of the easiest ways to protect your skin is to incorporate some SPF into the beauty products you use almost every day. Here are a few products that leave you feeling beautiful and safe from the sun.

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer

This lightweight tinted moisturizer can give you the coverage you want while simultaneously incorporating some shimmer. But the best part of this makeup is that it has SPF 30, giving you a decent amount of protection from harmful rays. It comes in four tones, spanning from ivory all the way to tan, and works as an excellent base for your daily makeup routine.

Covergirl NatureLuxe Gloss Balm

Coming in 16 gorgeous shades, Covergirl’s NatureLuxe gloss balm is a great way to add some pretty color to your lips as well as protection from environmental damage. Lips often get neglected when it comes to protection, so this lip balm with SPF 15 is the perfect way to change that bad habit. The soft and smooth texture glides on lips easily and leaves a lovely (but not overpowering) shade behind.

Olay Complete All Day Moisture Cream

This daily moisturizer, with SPF 15, is a perfect product for hydrating your skin and staying smart in the sun. The light, oil-free lotion won’t clog your pores and is a great substitute for the days you don’t exactly feel like putting any makeup on. A layer of this moisturizer, some sunglasses, and you’re out the door!

Although all of these products are helpful in protecting your skin from harmful rays, this doesn’t mean you can completely take sunscreen out of your routine. It’s always important to apply sunblock, reapply at least every two hours, don’t stay out in the sun too long and be smart about caring for your skin. Protection now means keeping your skin healthy for the future!