Style

Springtime Essentials: 7 Items You Need in Your Wardrobe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

1. Trendy Jeans

Jeans with a stylistic flare are so in! Details such as embroidery, raw hems, rips, and contrasting washes can turn basic denim into the focal point of your outfit. Check out these jeans from Urban Outfitters.

2. Skirt

Minis, midis, maxis — skirts are the way to go. They bring the perfect amount of femininity to any outfit and can easily be dressed up with a nice pair of heels or dressed down with a comfortable tee. This blush-colored beauty is from the Australian company, Princess Polly.

3. Sunglasses

A cute pair of sunnies is the perfect way to accessorize. They come in many different shapes, sizes, and colors; so you are bound to find something that suits your style. These half-frame glasses are from Urban Outfitters!

4. Sundress

Nothing screams springtime more than a flowing sundress. Brunch with the girls is the perfect occasion for this Nordstrom stunner.

5. Light sweater

A cardigan is good to have to keep you from getting chilly or to sometimes throw on to complete an outfit. This white sweater from Nordstrom is the perfect piece for a cozy night with friends.

6. Casual shoes

A pair of shoes like these by Steve Madden are both cute and casual. They are perfect for wearing to class or running errands because they’re practical for being on your feet all day, without sacrificing style.

7. T-shirt

A graphic t-shirt is a staple for any season. Pair it with jeans or a denim skirt, making your outfit both stylish and comfortable. This “Venice” tee is sold online by Top shop!

School of Media Arts and Design student with a concentration in Interactive Design. Campus Correspondent for the JMU chapter of Her Campus, Campus Coordinator for Rent the Runway on Campus, and Social Media Marketing Intern for Auntie Anne's.