This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Punxsutawney Phil called it–spring is upon us. As you start to dust off your trusty day-drinking shoes, you might have noticed a stain on your suede shoes, or a salt stain or two from walking in the snow. Great news, there’s a fix for that and more. Here are your spring cleaning hacks.

1. Stop a run in your tights or stockings from worsening by spraying it with stronghold hairspray. The spray will hold the fibers in place temporarily. 

2. Fix a pilling sweater by rubbing a pumice stone over the pills in a circular motion. Light strokes work best. Try not to rub the actual sweater unless you are going for that destroyed, grunge look.

3. Use a makeup sponge as a lint roller to remove fuzz or hairs. There is more than one use for that ever-so-popular Beauty Blender!

4. Use a dryer sheet over your hair or clothing to eliminate static.

5. Another static hack; Hide a safety pin on the inside of your clothes. This works well for tops or flowing dresses that keep getting stuck to your skin/leggings.

6. Restore matted suede with a gentle bristle toothbrush.

7. To remove dirt from your suede shoes tear off a piece of stale bread crust and rub it over the stains. After the crumbs fall off, stain free shoes will be revealed.

8. If your leather boots are salt-stained, wipe them off with a little bit of water mixed with vinegar.

9. Got smelly boots? Try easing the stink with baking soda, tea bags, or white vinegar. Sprinkle a little baking soda on the inside of your boots or tuck new tea bags inside to soak up the sweat and neutralize the odor. You can also lightly spritz a little white vinegar inside to help get rid of the smell as well.

Hey everyone! I'm Megan, a senior at James Madison University pursuing a double major in the School of Media Arts and Design (with a concentration in journalism) and political science, and a minor in political communication. I am an avid Netflix viewer, obsessed with breakfast foods, and a yogi-- queue the headstand. I love to read news and stay up to date with all things pop culture...and I also love to write, go figure! Due to extreme wanderlust, I am always on the move, and I look forward to traveling the world and whatever comes with it. Feel free to contact me with any questions or comments you have. Enjoy!