Spooky Shows to Get You in the Halloween Mood

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

1. The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina 

Love, love, love this show. It is the perfect balance of fun teen storylines and spooky, dark mischief. Based on the classic Sabrina the Teenage Witch, this show takes the life of an average teenage girl- dealing with boys, friends, and school- and throws her into a sinister world of black magic. Embrace the witch season and dive into this addicting show. 

2. American Horror Story

Every season of American Horror Story will leave you with goosebumps and afraid to turn the lights off at night! Although it may seem like a pretty intense show, the one thing I love most about it is that each season end with a happy ending. This means you much binge-watch it as fast as possible! My personal favorite season: Coven… or Hotel… it is so hard to choose! 

3. Goosebumps 

Ring in your childhood nostalgia with this spooky show. It might be slightly outdated and won’t leave you as petrified as you were when you were younger. However, it is still loaded with spooky fun to get you in the Halloween mood. 

4. Two Sentence Horror Stories

Looking for a more ~mature~ version of Goosebumps? Give Two Sentence Horror Stories a try. I discovered this show recently and have loved the creepy plotlines it comes up with. A CreepyPasta vibe to it, but who doesn’t love a good scary story this time of year? 

Graduated the Math and Science High School at Clover Hill in 2018 Attends James Madison University, majoring in Media Arts and Design with a concentration in Digital Video and Cinema
School of Media Arts and Design student with a concentration in Interactive Design. Campus Correspondent for the JMU chapter of Her Campus, Campus Coordinator for Rent the Runway on Campus, and Social Media Marketing Intern for Auntie Anne's.