Taylor Swift\'s first 8 albums
Taylor Swift\'s first 8 albums
Photo by Perla Echeverria

Ranking Taylor Swifts Nine Albums

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Wildest Dreams (Taylors Version) was released on September 17th, which was shortly followed by a 72 hour period of signed Fearless albums being sold. (I’d also like to take a minute to point out that she is selling her signed albums for $19.89, but claims to be releasing Red in November. I sense a surprise coming.) We have been blessed with Taylor’s releases showing her side of music history. We are not in any era that we’ve seen before, but instead we are simply in Taylor’s era. She is owning her music and bringing us every beautiful song redefined beyond our hopes and desires. 

In honor of her release I thought I would share my album rankings. I am a sucker for country Taylor so naturally I had to begin with her debut album. The rest were more difficult just because I loved them all in their own way.

T Swift Albums Ranked by Kate

Taylor Swift

1989

Fearless

Red

Evermore

Speak Now

Lover 

Reputation

Folklore

After writing this I received MANY opinions from my chapter. Each person had a very different view of her albums than I did and I felt it was best to share their lists as well. None of them hold the same opinions and it was so fun to see what albums they all felt most connected to.

Ashley Keiser: Senior Editor

1. Folklore
  2. Reputation
  3. 1989
  4. Red
  5. Lover
  6. Evermore
  7. Speak Now
  8. Fearless
  9. Taylor Swift

Demetra Cariofiles: Chapter Member

1. Reputation
  2. Evermore
  3. Red
  4. Folklore
  5. Fearless
  6. 1989
  7. Lover
  8. Speak Now
  9. Taylor Swift

Caitlin McClain: Social Media Director

1. 1989
  2. Speak Now
  3. Folklore
  4. Reputation
  5. Evermore
  6. Fearless
  7. Lover
  8. Red
  9. Taylor Swift

Jane McConville: Chapter Member

1. Evermore
  2. Speak Now
  3. Red
  4. 1989
  5. Reputation
  6. Folklore
  7. Lover
  8. Fearless
  9. Taylor Swift

I’m going to pretend that everyone else rating the debut last didn’t hurt my feelings, but I’m sure I’ll get over it. Every person has a different number one and I thought it was so cool to see how our personalities lined up with Taylor Swift’s work. Each album is so unique she is able to connect with everyone in a different way. 

The one thing our chapter does have in common is that we are all very impatiently waiting for Red (Taylor’s Version) debut on November 19th.

Kate is majoring in writing, rhetoric, and technical communication and minoring in entrepreneurship. You can usually find her at Starbucks and listening to true crime podcasts.