sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Rachel Stone ’20

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Major: Health Sciences Pre Occupational Therapy  

Year: Sophomore

Hometown: VA Beach

Favorite part of JMU: I love the east campus sunsets!!

Clubs: I’m in SA(Student Ambassadors) so you can find me giving tours to future dukes!! I’m also involved in Bare Naked Ladies, a club about loving your body and female empowerment, as well as Intervarsity!

What’s the most interesting class you took at JMU?

Cultural Anthropology with Liam Buckley. I loved how he taught the class and I was really interested in the topics we discussed… He was such a cool prof and I’m so glad I took his class!

Do you have a favorite type of music?

I love Alternative Rock! Some of my favorite artists are Bastille, and MisterWives.

Favorite TV Shows?

Gilmore Girls, Parks and Rec, The Office… I’ve been recently getting into Friends recently and I love it so much!

Fun Fact?

Well, I love to sing and play guitar! I sang on the worship team at my church back home and it’s one of my favorite things to do to relax.

I am an English major obsessed with fashion, iced coffee, and Disney movies. You can most likely find me in a coffee shop editing on my computer, or taking #OOTD pics for my instagram.
Hello, it's me. Edel (pronounced like the singer), was previously Assistant Social Editor, Video for Her Campus Media. She graduated in May 2018  from James Madison University in with a double major in Media Arts and Design and Communications Studies. Before joining the HC girl gang full-time she was the Campus Correspondent for the JMU Her Campus Chapter. She's an avid social media user, food enthusiast, and shopping extraordinaire. You can catch her taking a coffee break or binge-watching romantic comedies on Netflix.