Style > Beauty

Product Spotlight: Kylie Cosmetics x Balmain

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Calling all fashion and beauty lovers alike! Kylie Cosmetics just launched a collaborative makeup line with the French luxury brand, Balmain, and it’s truly iconic. 

The Kylie x Balmain collection consists of a 9-color eyeshadow palette, a dewy high gloss and, of course, a lip kit — the pinnacle of Kylie Cosmetics. Each of the colors and shades were concocted by Kylie and Balmain’s Creative Director, Olivier Rousteing. The pair gained inspiration from Paris Fashion Week and the collection was used on the models in the Balmain show that occured a few days ago. 

In this collab, high-end meets affordable and I could not be more excited. I’m someone that definitely enjoys the finer things in life so when I found out about this new collection, I just had to have it. The best part is that it’s everything you could ever want in a makeup line, but it doesn’t cause you to break the bank. These products are sold both individually and in bundles; so, if you are completely in love with this collection like I am, I recommend purchasing the bundle because it will save you a few dollars in the end.

The collection’s dream-like eyeshadow colors are beautifully feminine and whimsical — perfect for special occasion wear. However, if you plan on wearing this look everyday then you do you, boo. No matter where you choose to rock this palette, all eyes will be on you in the best possible way. 

The lip kit and high gloss are great neutrals to pair with virtually any look. These shades of pink can be worn anywhere from going to class to attending formal. I have a feeling that these lip products will become my new beauty staples beause I’m a sucker for neutrals.

If I’ve sold you on this collection, head over to Kylie Cosmetics and purchase some products of your own. You wont regret it.

School of Media Arts and Design student with a concentration in Interactive Design. Campus Correspondent for the JMU chapter of Her Campus, Campus Coordinator for Rent the Runway on Campus, and Social Media Marketing Intern for Auntie Anne's.