Best Chick Flicks?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Best Chick Flicks?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Buena Vista Pictures, Flavor Unit Entertainment, New Line Cinema, Paramount Pictures, 20th Century Fox, Walt Disney Pictures, Warner Bros. Pictures
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

If you were a kid growing up in the early 2000’s then you know how amazing the T.V. shows we got to watch really were. Exploring a vast amount of sci-fi with Phineas & Ferb, traveling on a cruise ship with best friends on The Suite Life on Deck, or protecting the playground with your friends in Recess. For years Nickelodeon, Disney, Cartoon Network, and all those companies were producing A+ content for our adolescent minds.

I know watching the last episodes and seasons of some of my favorite shows as kid was hard. There is something about our childhood shows that make us hold them so close. I have found, to cope with my chronic nostalgia, that going back to some oldies but goodies is very fun.

Unpopular opinion; I didn’t like Wizards of Waverly Place as a kid at all. Most of my friends loved it but I never understood what was so great about it. But during the height of the pandemic I had run out of shows to watch and decided it would be a good idea to watch some old ones. That’s when I came across Wizards of Waverly Place again. I started watching it and now I find it one of the funniest shows I’ve seen.

After that, I thought it might be a good try to watch old shows that I had already seen. I was hoping that I wouldn’t be bored and the humor would still amuse me.

So I started to watch Avatar: The Last Airbender, Hannah Montana, The Rugrats, you name it.

I realized there is much to enjoy in kid’s T.V. because, fortunately, the writers do a great job of adding adult humor and satire into their content. There are countless of Easter eggs in children’s shows for older people to see and be amused by.

As young adults we can watch the same shows we use to but be watching a different show. Now we are laughing at different jokes and viewing a total separate side to the show.

Another good show to rewatch is Sponegbob Squarepants. I remember growing up, that you either watched Sponegbob and really liked it or your parents didn’t want you to watch it. I never understood why my friend’s parents wouldn’t let them watch some silly, stupid show, then I watched it again 15 years later.

Really, watching old shows lets the inner child that we haven’t seen in so long come out for a little. They are relatable, funny, and remind us of times that were much simpler.

I am a freshman Media Arts and Design major at James Madison University. I love the outdoors, cartoons, and art! I also love to create things on the computer. I helped write and design my high school's yearbook all four years and had a senior position!