Nightlife in Florence: 3 Spots For Study Abroad Students

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Though I’m no expert, I present to you a quick guide to the bars and clubs you should hit during your time in the beautiful city of Florence. Let’s get started!

1. The Lion’s Fountain

Borgo degli Albizi, 34r, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy

Lion’s Fountain can get a little crowded but it’s a must-see. The ceilings are covered in college t-shirts and they have shots for every American college imaginable.

2. YAB

Via dei Sassetti, 5, 50123 Firenze FI, Italy

You pay a small fee to enter the club, but you’ll receive a free drink ticket that you can use inside.

3. The Red Garter 

Via dei Benci, 33, R, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy

You can perform karaoke on an indoor balcony in front of all your friends, what more could you ask for?

Grazie e arrivederci!

Carley Prendergast was born and raised in Virginia Beach, Virginia. She is currently pursuing a B.A. in Writing, Rhetoric and Technical Communication at James Madison University. She is passionate about all things fashion and media and would love to incorporate that into a journalistic profession in the future.
School of Media Arts and Design student with a concentration in Interactive Design. Campus Correspondent for the JMU chapter of Her Campus, Campus Coordinator for Rent the Runway on Campus, and Social Media Marketing Intern for Auntie Anne's.