Mike Bush ’13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

We have a new Campus Cutie this week, collegiettes! Mike Bush, senior SMAD major from Doylestown, PA, was nice enough to answer some questions for us here at HC JMU. Did we mention he’s single?

HC JMU: What are you involved in on campus? Why did you join the organizations that you are in, and what keeps you coming back? 

Mike: I joined UPB last fall, and it’s been by far the best decision I’ve made here at JMU. To anyone reading this who’s looking to get involved in an organization, I highly reccomend it! UPB is full of so many awesome people, and we all work together to organize some pretty amazing events here on campus.  

HC JMU: We love hearing about JMU “aha” moments from fellow students. When and how did you fall in love with our beautiful university?

Mike: I heard about JMU from a friend of mine in high school (CB East in PA), so I decided to check it out. I knew I wanted to get involved in SMAD’s film production concentration (DVC), and once I saw their editing labs and studio, that was it. I was very impressed. Between the people I met in my tour group and the general feel of the campus, I knew this was the right place. Even with out-of-state tuition, it’s definitely worth it!

HC JMU: On the weekends, do you typically like to venture out and try new things, or are you more laid back? 

Mike: I love being out, meeting new people, and trying new things. Downtown Harrisonburg has some great food, some great beer, and some great shows. Between Harrisonburg’s local bands, and all the east coast bands that tour through here, there’s always some awesome music at JMU. 

HC JMU: What artists are the most played in your iTunes? 

Mike: The Gaslight Anthem, The Strokes, Brand New

HC JMU: Everyone has them, so share with us an embarrassing moment from the past (or recently) that you can now laugh about.

Mike: Haha. Well, my first semester freshman year I made the mistake of taking GPHIL 101 with a really bad professor (who I won’t name). But anyway, I wound up completely bombing the class. You live and you learn though – since then I take www.RateMyProfessor.com a bit more seriously. 

HC JMU: What are you most looking forward to over Thanksgiving Break? 

Mike: Catching up with family and friends back home!

We’re all with you on that last one, Mike. Thanks again for interviewing with us! And to you collegiettes that love our Campus Cutie column, we’re not publishing content over Thanksgiving Break, make sure to check out our Campus Cutie archive to get your fix :) http://www.hercampus.com/schoo…
Chantal Johnson is a senior at James Madison University, studying Media Arts and Design with a concentration in Digital Video and Cinema. Aside from Her Campus JMU, she is involved with University Program Board. Chantal loves hanging out with her friends, listening to her "feel good" playlist on her iPod, or just curling up with a really good book in her spare time. Chantal loves her hometown, Roanoke,Virginia, but can't wait to graduate and explore her opportunities around the world! Within the next 10 years, Chantal's dream job would be becoming "the next Shonda Rhimes"!