Michael Fakhari ‘13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Name: Michael Fakhari
Year: 2013
Age: 20
Hometown: Great Falls, Virginia
Major: Computer Information Systems
Relationship Status: Single

Dream Job: IT consulting with Deloitte and perhaps start my own consulting firm down the road. 

Interests & Activities: 
It boils down to that my INTERESTS are all ACTIVITIES. I pretty much find fun in anything and make sure that everyone else shares it with me. More specifically, performing on the trumpet with friends and at concerts, playing ANY sport, meeting new people, and organizing events as part of the exec board in AITP (association of information technology professionals) (yes, it is a pain to say it all the time.)

Celebrity Crush: Never actually had a celebrity crush, I’m not popular enough to meet them… yet. If I had to choose, Jessica Alba is pretty smoking.

The first thing I notice about a girl is… 
that she is a girl. But the features that I see first are eyes, hair, and smile.

My ideal date would be… 
gorgeous. But if we are talking about college settings, I would say spending an evening with my significant other and having a classy meal (like steak and asparagus), movie, and a walk in a scenic location where I can get to know the amazing person I am spending time with. An ideal date would be something different every time too.

Best place to study at JMU… 
I don’t always study, but when I do, it’s done in my own room. I like to study individually to get a grasp of the material, when I’m around others I am too social and never get work done. 

JMU girls are the best because… 
we have the greatest mix of girls: wild, studious, funny, ambitious, etc. I have met every single type here, but one thing I could say that I see in about 90% of them is that they are just the sweetest and nicest girls and that is what makes them the best.

3 words that best describe you: Comical, witty, entertaining.

Alexa is a junior from Cream Ridge, New Jersey.  She is studying Media Arts & Design with a concentration in Corporate Communication and minors in Creative Writing and Anthropology.  She works for the JMU Office of Residence Life as a Program Adviser and as the Graphics Editor for The Breeze.  She loves watching The Bachelor, pinning to her fashion boards and running outside.   Alexa aspires to work in the glamouous fashion magazine industry in New York City or LA.