This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Name: Megan McCoy

Hometown: Fairfax,VA

Year: Junior

Age: 21

Major: Nursing

Relationship Status: Single

Campus Involvement: JMU SafeRides: Team Leader; Office of Community Service-Learning: Disability Services Coordinator; Valley Scholars: Program Mentor

Favorite Movie: The Breakfast Club

Favorite Show to Binge Watch on Netflix: Parenthood

Guilty Pleasure: Shamelessly reading Oprah magazine. My friends make fun of me for being a “mom,” but I love my monthly O mag subscription!

Starbucks or Dunkin: Starbucks

Favorite Place on Campus: The roof of ISAT during a sunset

Favorite Quote: My favorite quote is a line from the poem “Desiderata” which goes, “Whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the Universe is unfolding as it should.”

What do you do to de-stress? It might sound odd, but I find walking through the aisles of Barnes and Noble extremely calming. I also like to go for runs outside, scroll through Pinterest, and sometimes I stress clean (which my roommates love).

Who are your role models? My older sister Kate and my mom. After graduating from JMU in 2010, my sister packed her car with as much as it could hold, put her dog in the passenger seat and drove across the country to make her dream of living in San Diego a reality. She continually inspires me to choose happiness and to live life passionately. A few years ago, my mom had the courage to make a midlife career change, and went back to school to become a nurse in order to make a tangible difference in the lives of others. She embodies kindness, wisdom and balance in everything she does, and she is my role model both professionally and personally.

What do you hope to pursue after college? After graduating, my goal is to begin working at a children’s hospital as a Pediatric Oncology Nurse.

Any plans for the summer? I’m studying abroad in Tarragona, Spain this summer! I’ll spend my mornings shadowing in a hospital and my afternoons taking Spanish classes at the local university. I’m so thankful to have this opportunity, and I can’t wait to see what adventures lie ahead for me!

Yasmine is a senior at James Madison University majoring in writing, rhetoric and technical communication. Half-Italian and half-Palestinian, she was born and raised in Herndon, VA. Her favorite shows include New Girl, The Office, and Law and Order: SVU. During the school year, Yasmine writes for publications such as Potty Mouth, Port & Main Magazine, The Breeze, and Health Greatness, in addition to Her Campus. She is also involved in many clubs around campus, such as Muslim Student Association, SafeRides, and Make Your Mark On Madison. She has a passion for writing and hopes to begin her career as a fashion journalist after college. 
Hey everyone! I'm Megan, a senior at James Madison University pursuing a double major in the School of Media Arts and Design (with a concentration in journalism) and political science, and a minor in political communication. I am an avid Netflix viewer, obsessed with breakfast foods, and a yogi-- queue the headstand. I love to read news and stay up to date with all things pop culture...and I also love to write, go figure! Due to extreme wanderlust, I am always on the move, and I look forward to traveling the world and whatever comes with it. Feel free to contact me with any questions or comments you have. Enjoy!