Meet Our New Senior Editor: Edel Rimando

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Name: Edel Rimando

Major/Minor: Double Major in SMAD and SCOM

Year: 2018

Hometown: Woodbridge,VA

Why did you choose SMAD as your major?

I’ve always loved creating videos since middle school and in high school I took TV Production for all 4 years, it just seemed like the right major to go into. It also helped that JMU had a  “study abroad” in LA program and that made me want to be a Smaddy even more.

How did you get involved with Her Campus ?

That’s actually a funny story. I stumbled upon a campus cutie article in the midst of some online sleuthing and I landed on the JMU HC site. I checked out some of the other articles and decided “Hey I want to do this” so I emailed the CC’s at the time to ask to join. I went to one meeting got free underwear and never looked back.

What other organizations are you in at JMU?

Besides Her Campus, I’m the Co-Marketing director for the student run food truck on campus called Fueled. I am also a DigiComm tutor at the learning centers. I’m obsessed with PINK so I’m on the JMU PINK Street team. I’m also the video director for AdClub. I like to keep myself busy I wouldn’t know what to do with myself if I didn’t do all these organizations. I also told myself freshman year to be super involved.

Explain your involvement with the food truck on campus!

So also a random thing I ended a being a part of. I got an email from my advisor about a student looking a graphic designer to help with the logo for the truck. So I took a chance and emailed her and the rest is really history.

Favorite place to go out to on weekends?

Anywhere that my friends are at! I hop around from different friend groups during the weekends. I also love anywhere Lex takes me to.

Best brunch location/meal of choice?

I LOVE BRUNCH FOOD. So really anywhere. But my top faves are Little Grill and Food.Bar.Food. I just love food so I pretty much eat anything but I’m a sucker for a good steak.