alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Meet Our New Campus Correspondent: Lex Cicola

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Name: Lex Cicola

Major/Minor:  Hospitality with a Business minor

Year: Junior

Hometown: Holbrook, NY

What made you come to JMU?

Loved the campus so much! Quad stole my heart (or maybe it was the dogs on the quad).

How did you get involved with Her Campus?

I signed up at Student Org night this past semester and I’m so glad I did, I’ve learned so much about the organization! (It also gives me an excuse to hang out with Edel)

Are you involved in anything else on campus?

I’m in GIVE! It’s a really cool volunteer organization and all the people in it are awesome! We do fun stuff and get to know a lot of people in the surrounding communities.

Tell us a funny story from college?

Hahahahaha so this one time I was walking back to my dorm freshman year with my friend and we really wanted the coach Withers (JMU football coach at the time) cardboard cutout in Top Dog, so my friend just walked in and took this life size cut out out of Top Dog and we just ran with it and snuck it into Eagle.  Then my friend glued a Loko on Withers hand where he was holding a pepsi….still makes me laugh, everytime.

What’s your go-to style tip?

Walk down the hall into my roommate’s room and steal all the body suits (then follow by having her wing my eyeliner because I’m not a real girl).

Best part about JMU?

I love how cool everyone is, in every single one of my classes where I don’t know anyone, I always find someone to talk to. You are guaranteed to make a friend anywhere you go!

If you could be any drink what would you be?

Definitely some Pinot — you are what you drink, right?

You come home from a fun night out — what’s your go-to food order?

If I can’t convince someone to bring me to get a Crunchwrap Supreme at Taco Bell, I make English muffin pizzas, 10/10 recommend to a friend.

Hello, it's me. Edel (pronounced like the singer), was previously Assistant Social Editor, Video for Her Campus Media. She graduated in May 2018  from James Madison University in with a double major in Media Arts and Design and Communications Studies. Before joining the HC girl gang full-time she was the Campus Correspondent for the JMU Her Campus Chapter. She's an avid social media user, food enthusiast, and shopping extraordinaire. You can catch her taking a coffee break or binge-watching romantic comedies on Netflix.