Matthew Gowdy ’13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Name: Matthew T. Gowdy

Year: Junior

Age: 20

Hometown: Winchester, VA

Major: Health Sciences, Pre-Physical Therapy

Dream Job: Rehabilitating military amputees as a physical therapist

Relationship Status: Single

Interests & Activities: Delta Sigma Phi Fraternity, Tae Kwon Do Club, longboarding, and puppies on the quad.

Celebrity Crush: Either Mila Kunis or Selena Gomez. They’re both adorable with great personalities.

Biggest turn-off: Acting like you’re better than everyone else.

Blondes or brunettes: Redheads > Blondes > Brunettes

My ideal date would be… As cliche as it sounds, my ideal date would be to cook a romantic candlelit dinner for my date that we would enjoy together at home. Everyone knows it’s the thought that counts!

The thing I’m looking forward to the most this summer… Lifeguarding at the pool and getting my tan on. 

JMU girls are the best because… They’re always working out to look good. They are very friendly and people-oriented. 

3 words that best describe you: Gentleman, Leader, Scholar
Alexa is a junior from Cream Ridge, New Jersey.  She is studying Media Arts & Design with a concentration in Corporate Communication and minors in Creative Writing and Anthropology.  She works for the JMU Office of Residence Life as a Program Adviser and as the Graphics Editor for The Breeze.  She loves watching The Bachelor, pinning to her fashion boards and running outside.   Alexa aspires to work in the glamouous fashion magazine industry in New York City or LA.