Making the Most Out of Your Wardrobe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Between the months of February and March the weather can be a wild card. One day it’s a nice spring day then the next its like winter all over again–such a tease! Make the most out of your wardrobe and stay looking trendy by using these tips:

Layer, Layer, Layer:  Layering your clothes is a great way to look cute and stay warm. Dont let the cold stop you from wearing your favorite spring/summer dresses. Pair the dress with a knit cardigan or sweater and a pair of tights during the cold months. On warmer days, try this look with a jean jacket or flannel instead. Layering your clothing will ensure that you are able to adjust to the changing weather and still look great.

Invest in stockings/tights: Knit or sheer, this article of clothing can come as a life saver. If your leggings are too thin, then wear a pair of tights to keep warm. Forgot to shave your legs or to lazy to? Tights are a great solution to those who still want to show off their legs without baring all.

“These boots are made for walking” (in all weather): Shoes can make or break an outfit. Ankle boots are perfect for any outfit no matter the season. Keep warm by pairing them with knit socks or leg warmers or try it out just to add an edgy touch to your spring/summer outfit.

Knee-High Socks: No matter the weather, knee-high socks go great with most skirts, shorts, or dress outfits. You can roll them up or roll them down to adjust to the weather. Footwear is not a problem with these socks because you can wear them with boots, your favorite chucks, or even heels.

Hello, it's me. Edel (pronounced like the singer), was previously Assistant Social Editor, Video for Her Campus Media. She graduated in May 2018  from James Madison University in with a double major in Media Arts and Design and Communications Studies. Before joining the HC girl gang full-time she was the Campus Correspondent for the JMU Her Campus Chapter. She's an avid social media user, food enthusiast, and shopping extraordinaire. You can catch her taking a coffee break or binge-watching romantic comedies on Netflix.
Aleixka has a B.A. in Media Arts and Design and a minor in Spanish from James Madison University. She loves all things books, traveling, food, and photography.