This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Name: Maddy White

Year: Junior

Major: Political Science

Campus Involvement: President of Habitat for Humanity, SafeRides member, FROG

When did you get involved with Habitat, and why did you pursue an executive position?

My FROG was an exec member of Habitat, so I went on a couple of builds. I wanted to be more involved because you get out what you put in for that organization. Sophomore year I was the project coordinator so I reached out to people to go on builds and organized stuff. I became president last year and it’s been really interesting to see the transition that has occurred over the years. This year has been so different from last year.

Favorite JMU memory?

All of 1787 because my first years made me love JMU even more. All the girls were just obsessed with it, and I love them. Also my first SafeRides meeting was amazing, and I had no idea how much getting in was going to change my JMU experience until then.

Do you have anything on your JMU bucket list?

Freshman year we broke into the stadium when it snowed and did snow angels in the end zone, so I’ve already accomplished some things. I also want to do all the classic stuff like seeing the tunnels. I haven’t even gone to a movie in Grafton though, so I just want to do all the typical JMU things.

You love themed parties. Favorite costume/outfit?

Probably when I was Andy Samberg and my roommate was Justin Timberlake from “D*** in a Box”. That one was hysterical. I was once a dad, and I wore a “D.A.R.E” shirt, khaki shorts and New Balance sneakers. Also, I love my pizza costume. I whip that out all the time—it’s comfortable!

Spirit animal?

I always wanted to be a squirrel when I was little because I like the way they run. Squirrels are just livin’. I would just be hanging from a tree. I could also see a flamingo.

Favorite karaoke song?

I had this amazing karaoke number on a cruise with my cousin to “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough.” That’s a crowd-pleaser. “Fergalicious” is another great one because I know all the words.

Hey everyone! I'm Megan, a senior at James Madison University pursuing a double major in the School of Media Arts and Design (with a concentration in journalism) and political science, and a minor in political communication. I am an avid Netflix viewer, obsessed with breakfast foods, and a yogi-- queue the headstand. I love to read news and stay up to date with all things pop culture...and I also love to write, go figure! Due to extreme wanderlust, I am always on the move, and I look forward to traveling the world and whatever comes with it. Feel free to contact me with any questions or comments you have. Enjoy!