This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.
Name: Kendra Lerner

Hometown: Summit, NJ

Year: Junior

Age: 20

Major: Psychology

Minor: Studio Art and Dance

Relationship Status: Single

Campus Involvement: Student Ambassadors, Tri-Delta and GenFKD

Favorite Holiday Movie? The Polar Express

Favorite Show to binge watch on Netflix? Parenthood…I’m weird.

Starbucks or Dunkin? Starbucks

Favorite Place on Campus? The adirondack chairs on the Festival Lawn are the perfect spot during a sunset or just to take a second and catch your breath during a busy week.

How do you de-stress during finals week? I would be lying if I didn’t say food…but yoga classes are also a great way to take a break!

Any plans for winter break? I am going on a service trip to Knoxville, TN with Student Ambassadors to work with the Salvation Army as well as The Boys and Girls club to start off my break. While I’m home I will mostly just be relaxing and spending time with friends and family to get ready for the next semester!

Yasmine is a senior at James Madison University majoring in writing, rhetoric and technical communication. Half-Italian and half-Palestinian, she was born and raised in Herndon, VA. Her favorite shows include New Girl, The Office, and Law and Order: SVU. During the school year, Yasmine writes for publications such as Potty Mouth, Port & Main Magazine, The Breeze, and Health Greatness, in addition to Her Campus. She is also involved in many clubs around campus, such as Muslim Student Association, SafeRides, and Make Your Mark On Madison. She has a passion for writing and hopes to begin her career as a fashion journalist after college. 
Hey everyone! I'm Megan, a senior at James Madison University pursuing a double major in the School of Media Arts and Design (with a concentration in journalism) and political science, and a minor in political communication. I am an avid Netflix viewer, obsessed with breakfast foods, and a yogi-- queue the headstand. I love to read news and stay up to date with all things pop culture...and I also love to write, go figure! Due to extreme wanderlust, I am always on the move, and I look forward to traveling the world and whatever comes with it. Feel free to contact me with any questions or comments you have. Enjoy!