This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Name: Jae Kim           

Grade: Sophomore

Major: Psychology/Pre-Occupational Therapy

Hometown: Centreville, VA

Relationship status: Single and ready to mingle ;)

Three words that describe you: Chipotle is bae

You were a FrOG this past fall. What was the best part of that experience?

The best part about being a FrOG for me would have to be seeing the transformation of relationships within my group of first years. Seeing the transformation from the first day of 1787 Orientation where they were all complete strangers to the last day of 1787 where my group of first years had become a tight-knit community of friends. And just knowing I had a small part in growing that community was such a rewarding and awesome experience!

And now you’re going to be an OPA! What are you looking forward to doing/learning in that position?

Being offered the position of OPA was such an honor for me. I look forward to supplementing the growth of relationships like I did as a FrOG, but on a larger scale. I also look forward to developing my leadership skills so that I may better serve James Madison University’s awesome incoming students! #ClassOf2019

You are known as being quite the Chipotle Lover. What is your go-to order for a burrito?

My go-to order for a Chipotle burrito would be: white rice, black beans, fajitas, double chicken, hot sauce, corn, sour cream, cheese, guacamole, and a little lettuce on top! (Go big or go home!)

What are you plans for Valentines Day?

Have a romantic candle-lit Chipotle dinner with my Netflix account.

JMU alumni making her way into the "real" world. Passion for spending time with my large Italian family, running and eating any and all desserts I can get my hands on.
Aleixka has a B.A. in Media Arts and Design and a minor in Spanish from James Madison University. She loves all things books, traveling, food, and photography.