This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

If it’s your turn to host girl’s night and the agenda is still lacking, here’s a great, sweet treat that is sure to please! Iced coffee cubes submerged in decadent caramel macchiato is the perfect drink to serve over girl talk.

Step 1: Iced Coffee Cubes

Since I was hosting a girl’s night, and the drink of choice was caramel macchiato, I chose a cute coffee bean-shaped ice mold. You can’t get that at Starbucks! This ice tray is by Fred & Friends and can be found on Amazon. Just fill it with your favorite coffee and you are ready to go.

Your Kitchen 1, Starbucks 0

Step 2: Caramel Macchiato

Serving Size: 1 (But you can easily double, triple, quadruple etc…)

Ingredients

• 5-6 “Beans”

• Milk (Whichever kind you prefer!)

• Caramel Sauce

1. Before you begin, I recommend sitting your ice tray out for about 10-12 minutes to give the coffee time to thaw.

2. Start off by drizzling caramel sauce in the glass, then pop 5-6 “Beans” out of the ice tray and drop them into the glass.

3. From here you can add your milk.

Whether your espresso machine hasn’t taken its rightful place in your kitchen yet, or you simply don’t enjoy the strong taste of espresso, don’t worry because coffee is a great alternative. After multiple test runs, this is what I have found to be the best concoction. But by all means, feel free to customize until you find your favorite beverage. Enjoy!

Hey Ya'll! Here at James Madison University I'm majoring in Writing, Rhetoric and Technical Communication and minoring in Family Studies. I'm just a student writing my way through college, and when I'm not busy doing that, I have my nose in a book. I couldn't make it through a day without Country music, and I love the OBX (it's Heaven on earth!).
Aleixka has a B.A. in Media Arts and Design and a minor in Spanish from James Madison University. She loves all things books, traveling, food, and photography.