How to Have an Amazing Last-Minute Galentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

If you haven’t heard, tomorrow is Galentine’s Day, a holiday created by Leslie Knope from Parks and Recreation in which ladies celebrate their fellow ladies – because gal pal love deserves its own holiday, too. If you’ve never celebrated Galentine’s Day before or decided to celebrate last-minute, I’ve got some fun tips on how to make the most out of it – from the time you wake up to the time you go to sleep!

1. Make the Most Out of Your Breakfast

I’ll be real honest here and confess that since coming to college, I rarely have a healthy, filling breakfast. By the time I drag myself out of bed, I hardly even have the time to make a piece of toast, so it’s usually a granola bar (or nothing) for me. Make this morning different! Galentine’s Day is a day to celebrate the important ladies in your life, the first one being yourself. Invite your closest friends over and treat everyone to a warm, delicious breakfast. Personally, I’m all about the pink during this time of year, some I love these pink strawberry pancakes for breakfast on Galentine’s Day.

2. A Great Last Minute Galentines Day Gift: Flowers!

I personally think a room just comes to life when there are flowers in it, and surprising your gal pals with some flowers on Galentine’s Day is a great way to let them know you appreciate them. Live in an apartment? Leave them out on the kitchen table so your roommates will see them on their way out of the apartment for class.

3. Decorating

Whether you live in a dorm or off campus, a little décor can go a long way in making a special holiday feel extra special. That being said, two of my favorite decorations for Galentine’s Day that you can make yourself are these handmade paper heart garlands and this adorable paper heart tree.

4. Dinner

Does this even need further explanation? No holiday is truly complete without good food, and Galentine’s Day is no exception. Last year my roommates and I ordered our favorite dish, Penne Vodka, from Tutti Gusti and had it delivered to our dorm room. The beauty of Galentine’s Day is that it’s all about celebrating you and your friends! There’s never been a better excuse to buy your favorite takeout or treat yourselves to a night out. How often in college are you able to go to dinner with your closest friends just to go? Take advantage of this day, and get dessert too!

5. Celebrate Your Friendship

At the end of the day, Galentine’s Day is about celebrating that special bond between you and your friends. Use this day as a way to reminisce on what makes your friendships so unique! At the end of the long school day, take a little time out of your busy schedules to be together. Watch a movie on Netflix, play a board game, break out a bottle of wine — this day is for you.
From all of us here at Her Campus JMU – Happy Galentine’s Day!

19-year-old intersectional feminist on a mission to spread love and encourage girls to embrace their sexuality and bodies. Also on the mission to find the most delicious cup of coffee.
Rachel graduated from the Honors College at James Madison University in May 2017 and is pursuing a career in the media/PR industry. She majored in Media Arts & Design with a concentration in journalism and minored in Spanish and Creative Writing. She loves spending time with friends and family, traveling, and going to the beach.