Here’s What You Should Know About Taylor Hill

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

As many of you might now, Taylor Hill is a newly inducted Victoria’s Secret Angel. After earning her wings not only has it made her one of “the most recognizable names of the [VS] brand, but in modeling, period.”

I follow most of her social media accounts and have noticed something different about her compared to the other models that frequent the Victoria’s Secret social media platforms. She has a sort of positivity and joy that can be seen through her pictures.

At the age of nineteen, she is one of Victoria’s Secret’s youngest models. On December 8, 2015, she walked the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show along with fellow models Lily Aldridge and Gigi Hadid for the very first time. Although she is known through her social media accounts and magazine spreads as a model, her story goes very much beyond that.

On Monday December 7th, Cosmopolitan released an interview with Taylor that surfaced some issues in high school that she faced. She stated that she was “the butt of everyone’s jokes” and no one really noticed her at all.

She graduated and received her diploma at the age of 16 and then proceeded to pursue a modeling career after signing with modeling agency IMG at the age of 14.

“I didn’t like high school,” she said. “I was ready. I was like, ‘Put me in the world — I don’t care. I’m a nerd. They don’t like me there,” she told Cosmopolitan.com.

Taylor has become an inspiration for not only myself but hundreds of followers who enjoy her frequent cheery posts on Instagram. I know I wasn’t the only one who sat on the edge of my seat waiting for her to appear during the fashion show and blow everyone away. I don’t know about you, but I would be blowing kisses to all of my peers in high school with my angel wings on if I was her.

I am an English major obsessed with fashion, iced coffee, and Disney movies. You can most likely find me in a coffee shop editing on my computer, or taking #OOTD pics for my instagram.
Aleixka has a B.A. in Media Arts and Design and a minor in Spanish from James Madison University. She loves all things books, traveling, food, and photography.