Harrisonburg’s Happy Hour Surprises

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

It’s the end of the semester; you’re tired, with a completely fried brain — yet somehow, you have the energy to celebrate being done. The ’Burg has an eclectic variety of hotspots for happy hour for you and your friends to discover.

First on our list is an unlikely drinking spot, but it’ll be a hit with anyone who enjoys Italian food and wine. Vito’s is located next to McDonald’s and Food Lion. On Mondays from 5 p.m. to close, Vito’s offers make your own pasta night and half off all bottles of wine for those who dine in. Also, on Sundays from 5 p.m. to close, the restaurant offers a special JMU student discount of 15 percent for all dine-in or carry-out orders.  We were impressed to find out that on Tuesdays, Vito’s has the perfect date night special:

• A couple can order two wines or two beers, two side salads, one large one-topping pizza or large calzone, and one dessert to share for just $22.

Our second suggestion is the Artful Dodger, a hole-in-the-wall type of bar found in the main square of downtown Harrisonburg. It offers both food and drink specials from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. daily. Here are our favorites:

• Buy one, get one appetizers; $1 off of draft and rail drinks; $2 house martinis

Next, on our bar crawl downtown, we suggest checking out Billy Jack’s Wing & Draft Shack. Found next to its sister-owned Jack Brown’s, Billy Jack’s offers specials Monday through Friday from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. Here’s one special you won’t want to miss:

• $1 off all drafts, plus a select craft beer for $2 each day. You can choose between six wings or full “loaded” fries and any draft for $7.99! Plus growlers are $2 off during happy hour.

For a margarita lover, Wednesday nights at Finnegan’s Cove Seafood Bar and Grill are made for you. They offer $3 margaritas on the rocks. This bar, located near the parking deck downtown, offers “ride the rails” on Thursday nights, which allows a socialite to drink rail drinks for only $3.

For a special Thursday night out, be sure to look out for Capital Ale House’s drink and mussel deal. On Thursdays, they offer endless Prince Edward Island mussels for only $15.99 from 4 p.m. to 1 a.m. To wash it down, the bar also offers Growler Thursday, which means that you can refill a growler for $5 off.

And of course, Dave’s Downtown Taverna offers its happy hour specials daily from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.: $2.75 rail drinks, $2.00 off of pitchers and $0.50 off of Taratsa 24-oz. beers.

Feeling weak from your weekend fun and looking for a place to cure the feeling? Clementine’s restaurant downtown offers an all-day Sunday special on its Bloody Marys for only $5. The restaurant also throws in for Sunday football watchers $1 PBR specials, again all-day on Sundays.

So if you’re of age, this is the perfect way to relax…after finals, that is. Good luck studying, JMU collegiettes!