Halee Jones ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Name:  Halee Jones

Hometown: Port Clinton, Ohio

Year: Sophmore

Major: Sociology Pre-Professional Track: Pre-Optometry

Relationship status: Single

Campus Involvement: Bare Naked Ladies, Caving Club, Sociology Club, Book Club and Feminist Collective

Tell me a funny story about you? 

The first time I rode the bus in kindergarten I got called a “bologna head” and ran off the bus crying.

Give me your best pick up line: Are you a campfire? Because you’re hot and I want s’more.

Favorite class you’ve taken so far?

Anything with Dr. Aaron PeeksMease! In Social Issues in a Global Context (I think it’s a Cluster 5 class) we learned about actual issues in the world and Peeks is an awesome professor.

What is your fondest memory at JMU this year?

The retreat I went to in Fulks Run, VA with kijiji. We went to discover our passions and make a social change. We were in a cabin in the middle of the forest, we had a campfire and looked at the stars, and got up really early to watch the sunset but the mountains blocked it. I became really close with people that I otherwise wouldn’t have known.

Hello, it's me. Edel (pronounced like the singer), was previously Assistant Social Editor, Video for Her Campus Media. She graduated in May 2018  from James Madison University in with a double major in Media Arts and Design and Communications Studies. Before joining the HC girl gang full-time she was the Campus Correspondent for the JMU Her Campus Chapter. She's an avid social media user, food enthusiast, and shopping extraordinaire. You can catch her taking a coffee break or binge-watching romantic comedies on Netflix.
Aleixka has a B.A. in Media Arts and Design and a minor in Spanish from James Madison University. She loves all things books, traveling, food, and photography.