Going To A Different School Than Your Best Friend, As Told By Amy Poehler & Tina Fey

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

You may joke and act like you don’t care that much about them, but you and your best friend are absolutely inseparable.

You were both super excited when you found out where you were going to school.

But then you realized you were going to different schools and wouldn’t be together.

When you come to terms with the fact that you won’t be side by side, but you understand this is not the end.

You call her all the time, because she knows you better than you know yourself.

The first time you see her doing things her new friends that you used to do with her, you’re happy for them but a little sad it’s not you.  

But you get over it because you know that (as cheesy as it is) no matter what new friends you make, you guys will always be best friends.

You send her outfit options and she helps you pick, because she always knows what looks best on you.

And you always cheer them on from afar, whether they aced that quiz or just managed to not miss the bus.

Before too long, you guys have started planning the next time you will meet up. It doesn’t matter how far away it is, you can’t wait.

You start planning an itinerary for what you’re going to do when they visit, because you want them to experience the best of the best.

But when they finally get there, you just spend your time catching up and watching netflix together.

Whether it was months since you saw each other or minutes since you last spoke, you’re pretty confident nothing will get in the way of the fact that you guys are two peas in a pod.

Simply speaking, you’re meant to be.

Sophomore SMAD major at JMU with a passion for people, donuts, music, coffee and pretending to do homework outside. If you watch Parks and Recreation we'll get along just fine.
Hey everyone! I'm Megan, a senior at James Madison University pursuing a double major in the School of Media Arts and Design (with a concentration in journalism) and political science, and a minor in political communication. I am an avid Netflix viewer, obsessed with breakfast foods, and a yogi-- queue the headstand. I love to read news and stay up to date with all things pop culture...and I also love to write, go figure! Due to extreme wanderlust, I am always on the move, and I look forward to traveling the world and whatever comes with it. Feel free to contact me with any questions or comments you have. Enjoy!