timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

D.C. Christmas Tree

There’s nothing like going to see a giant Christmas tree filled with lights and ornaments! Along with the national Christmas tree, there’s a walkthrough of Christmas trees representing each state.

Kings Dominion Winterfest

Winterfest is a new event opening this winter season for Kings Dominion here in Virginia. Not only do they have festive lights and decorations, but the popular fountain at the entrance was transformed into a big skating rink.

Bull Run Festival of Lights

Bull Run Festival of Lights is a drive through light show located in Centreville, Virginia. It’s so easy and fun, especially because you don’t even have to get out of your car. At the end of the drive through there’s a big Ferris wheel and other carnival rides!

Radio City Music Hall Rockettes

Nothing screams Christmas more than the iconic kick lines of the Radio City Rockettes. If you are in New York City over the holidays (lucky!) seeing the Rockettes Christmas Spectacular is a perfect way to celebrate the holiday season.

Ice Skating

Whether you know how to ice skate or not, it’s a memorable experience to bundle up and ice skate with your friends!

Holiday Party

A great way to gather your friends and family all in one spot is to throw a festive holiday party filled with laughter and joy.

Secret Santa

Not only is this a cute idea, but it’s also inexpensive. Within your best friend group, draw names of who gets who, get your gift, and keep it a secret until the big reveal!

Christmas Movie Marathon

Get into the holiday spirit by getting cozy, watching your favorite Christmas movies, eating popcorn, and drinking hot chocolate.

JMU Health Science major with a passion for dance and forever chasing the salty beach air!
School of Media Arts and Design student with a concentration in Interactive Design. Campus Correspondent for the JMU chapter of Her Campus, Campus Coordinator for Rent the Runway on Campus, and Social Media Marketing Intern for Auntie Anne's.