Five Reasons Why Brooke Davis is Still the Best Fictional Character to Ever Exist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

*If you haven’t seen One Tree Hill (and I recommend that you do) beware, there will be spoilers.

It’s almost been eight years since One Tree Hill went off the air, and yet, Brooke Davis is still easily the best fictional character to ever exist. We truly didn’t deserve her, and here’s five reasons why: 

1. She had the greatest character arc. 

When we were first introduced to Brooke Davis, I have to admit, I hated her. I thought she was going to be the dumb, stereotypical mean girl. I didn’t think her story would last long. My opinion changed shortly after she began dating Lucas Scott for the first time. 

She became incredibly self-aware, kind and smart. Most importantly, she was the best aunt/mom ever. Brooke went from being a self-obsessed cheerleader to a caring, loving mom. 

If you look up character development in the dictionary, you’ll see Brooke Penelope Davis.

2. Her smile is infectious. 

I don’t know what else to say about this one. Brooke’s smile lit up the room. It broke my heart everytime she was sad, because her smile was everything. 

3. Literally everyone fell in love with her. And how could you not? 

Lucas. Peyton. Karen. Mouth. Haley. Chase. Owen. Jamie. Julian. Need I go on? 

While she may not have started out as the most likeable character, she weasled her way into everyone’s heart. 

4. She has a heart of gold. 

She consistently put others above herself. She gave Peyton and Lucas her blessing (after they totally did not deserve it). She served as a foster mom for the troubled Sam. 

Brooke was there for everyone through everything, even when she was going through the struggles of her own life. Remember when she saved the children in the hurricane? Or when she forgave her mother for being, quite possibly, the worst person on the planet? 

Nobody deserved Brooke Davis. 

5. She sacrificed so much and finally got her happy ending. 

While the journey was long and not always pretty, Brooke Davis became the Brooke Davis she was meant to be. She married Julian and had twin boys. 

The last couple of seasons before the happy ending seemed to be the most painful. She had manic highs and lows with Julian, almost died, lost the company more than once, found out she couldn’t have children, almost adopted but was heartbroken and the list goes on.  

The show could not have ended without a happy Brooke. 

All in all, Brooke Davis is the best fictional character to ever exist because she was a ray of sunshine even in the dark times. I’ve never looked up to someone on TV quite like her. 

“There’s a day when you realize that you’re not just a survivor, you’re a warrior. You’re tougher than anything life throws your way.” -Brooke Davis

School of Media Arts and Design student with a concentration in Interactive Design. Campus Correspondent for the JMU chapter of Her Campus, Campus Coordinator for Rent the Runway on Campus, and Social Media Marketing Intern for Auntie Anne's.