This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.
Name: Erwin Go
Hometown: Burke, VA
Year: Senior 
Major/Minor: Health Sciences / Medical Spanish 
Campus Involvement: JMU SafeRides, JMU Habitat for Humanity, JMU Student, Alumni Association 

How/why did you become involved with the groups you’re in?

Their mission statements were the reasons why I wanted to be a part of the organizations that I am in. Their missions relate to giving back to the JMU community through acts of service.

How has being so involved impacted your JMU experience?

It has created many experiences through friendships that were created, opportunities that were opened, and memories that will not be forgotten.

What’s your favorite aspect about either being in multiple groups or about one group in particular?

It exposed me to many people that share the same ideas and values, which makes the community a better place to be in. 

What are your goals in any or all of these organizations from now until graduation?

Spend more time with my roommates, friends, and take advantage of other opportunities that JMU and the city of Harrisonburg has to offer. In addition, I want to give as much back to the place that gave me so much–JMU. 

Will you take anything from these clubs with you after graduating?

The friendships made and the memories that were established throughout my time in these organizations.

Aleixka has a B.A. in Media Arts and Design and a minor in Spanish from James Madison University. She loves all things books, traveling, food, and photography.