The End of the Semester as told by “New Girl”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

It’s that time of year. We pushed on to spring break, got a break from the cold, and pushed ourselves back into drive to beat the second semester slump. But now it may be dawning on you: the semester is almost over!

You revel in the beauty that is switching to warm-weather clothes. You aren’t used to all this sun, but you learn to love it.

At first, you get so excited. You’ve worked hard this year, and you can’t wait for sweet, sweet summer.

The Quad is alive and well, and the tour groups seem to be popping out of thin air.

Then it hits you: finals.

All at once, your professors seem to be bombarding you with projects, tests, papers, and the like.

If that wasn’t enough, you have to worry about starting to pack up all of your things.

And now you realize you have to plan your schedule for next semester, and let’s not even talk about trying to actually get those classes.

Your time at Carrier increases by the day as finals come closer and closer. Starbucks has become your new best friend.

Which inevitably leads to you running dangerously low on dining.

But it’s all worth it, because you know the second you finish finals you’ll be saying, “See you soon!” to the campus we call our second home and you’ll be heading to your hometown for a much-deserved summer vacation.

Sophomore SMAD major at JMU with a passion for people, donuts, music, coffee and pretending to do homework outside. If you watch Parks and Recreation we'll get along just fine.
Aleixka has a B.A. in Media Arts and Design and a minor in Spanish from James Madison University. She loves all things books, traveling, food, and photography.