Emma McLoughlin ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Year: Freshman

Hometown: Richmond, VA (the city, not the county)

Major: English, but I’m changing it to WRTC/Writing

Single: No

French Fries or Onion Rings: Onion rings!

Celebrity crushes: Josh Tillman (Father John Misty), Morrissey in 1984, Helena Bonham Carter, Angelina Jolie, Emma Watson

Favorite drink: Coffee

Favorite season: Probably summer, actually

What’s your favorite part about JMU? All the great friends that I’ve made and my GWRTC writing class.

Go-to get-hype music: The Shep Pettibone remix of “Bizarre Love Triangle” by New Order

If you had to describe yourself as a fictional character, what character would you be? I’d be Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter because she’s wild but also sexy (and endearing!)

Which of the Harry Potter books/movies is your favorite? The fifth is my favorite book, but I’d have to say that my favorite movie is probably the second one because I think the basilisk is cool.

What’s your favorite past time? My favorite past time is listening to The Smiths, reading books, drinking coffee, and writing whenever I can.

What’s your motto? My motto is, “There is a light that never goes out,” cause I’m really hopeful. That’s a Smiths reference.

How would you describe yourself? I would describe myself as a passionate girl who loves to show people up in arguments, talk about feminism, is very artsy and is fun to be around, but not for more than 30 minutes.

What is the one article of clothing you can’t live with out? My Doc Martens, because I have two pairs and I wear them frequently.

What are you most excited about for the future? I’m really excited because I’m going to see Morrissey in NYC.

Sophomore SMAD major at JMU with a passion for people, donuts, music, coffee and pretending to do homework outside. If you watch Parks and Recreation we'll get along just fine.
Aleixka has a B.A. in Media Arts and Design and a minor in Spanish from James Madison University. She loves all things books, traveling, food, and photography.