Dating in College as told by Taylor Swift

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Here’s a terribly daunting fact: over one quarter of married couples met in college. That means now is prime time to begin searching for The One.  Scared yet? No worries, you’re not alone. Taylor Swift is here to support you through every twist, turn, and overanalyzed text message. Taylor’s had her fair share of boyfriend drama and heartbreak; if anyone knows exactly how to relate to the average single girl, it’s her.

Seeing a cute boy in class

Or out on a Friday night

Trying to calm yourself down so you can maybe shoot him a flirty glance

And if he picks up on your signal, you can’t help but get a little ahead of yourself, AKA you’re already picking out baby names in your head

So then you get attached, even though he might not even be worth your time

Fast forward to when that same guy turns out to be a jerk, even though you were so sure he wouldn’t

And even though you’re still awesome, it hurts a little bit

Eventually you can’t help but be a little bit cynical

…because after a while dating can be frustrating

But then you remember you still get to have fun with your girlfriends, and for now that’s all that matters

Junior SMAD major and Creative Writing Minor. Lover of Taylor Swift, copious amounts of coffee, and liquid eyeliner.
Aleixka has a B.A. in Media Arts and Design and a minor in Spanish from James Madison University. She loves all things books, traveling, food, and photography.