CONTESTANT #3: Taner Durusu

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

* Mr. JMU Campus Freshman *

Name: Taner Durusu

Hometown: Boise, ID

Major: Chemistry

Why should readers vote for you to win Mr. JMU Campus Freshman?
They should vote for me for all of my impeccable qualities. I am the epitome of the perfect guy (minus the height). I digress, read further for more convincing on why you should vote for me…

JMU girls are best because…
They are all simply breathtaking. I have yet to experience a moment where I have not see a beautiful girl. People may think that JMU girls are “watered down” because of the 64-36 ratio, but this is not the case for me. That only makes JMU a more beautiful place. What more could a man ask for?

What qualities do you look for in a girlfriend?
I look for someone that is truly passionate about something. A girl that is confident and creative. Anyone that has sugar, spice and everything this is an “A” in my book. And eyes. I am a sucker for nice eyes.

What do you want to do with your life?
I would like to become either a chemical engineer or some sort of scientist making big discoveries.  Most of all, I want to be a great dad. That has always been a goal of mine. If my wife makes way more money than me, and it really came down to it, I would love to be a stay at home Dad. The idea of providing and taking care of my family has always been a dream of mine.

If you could trade lives with anyone for a day who would it be?
If I could trade lives with anyone, it would be Ryan Reynolds. One, he is Canadian. Two, he is filthy rich. Lastly, he is married to Scarlett Johansson. She is my celebrity crush.  She is so beautiful!

* Think Taner’s got what it takes to win?  Check back November 13 – 19 to submit your vote! *

Alexa is a junior from Cream Ridge, New Jersey.  She is studying Media Arts & Design with a concentration in Corporate Communication and minors in Creative Writing and Anthropology.  She works for the JMU Office of Residence Life as a Program Adviser and as the Graphics Editor for The Breeze.  She loves watching The Bachelor, pinning to her fashion boards and running outside.   Alexa aspires to work in the glamouous fashion magazine industry in New York City or LA.