Color Me Pretty!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Looking to brighten up your wardrobe?  Virtual Pink, Purple Passion and Lime Punch are just a few of the can’t-miss hues featured in Joe’s new collection of colored jeans.  Featuring FIFTY-FIVE colors (yes – 55!), Joe’s provides you with endless options.  If you’re tired of the same old blue jeans and are a huge fan of color, here’s your chance to try something new.  Just because the hot days of summer are over and your wardrobe is transitioning to fall doesn’t mean you have to resort to dull neutrals.  Embrace color and be the style chameleon that you are!

If you are partial to colored jeans or don’t want to spend an entire paycheck on a pair of Joe’s ($158 to be exact!), then here are some budget friendly options.

American Apparel ($78) 
“A sexy new women’s skinny jean with a bit of stretch.”  At half the cost of Joe’s, American Apparel’s line of colored jeans includes 17 fabulous shades.  With colors such as Dirty Daffodil, Balloon Red and Electric Blue, you can’t go wrong!  The color I’m swooning over…Snap Pea. 

Delia’s  ($44.50)
For collegiettes™ seeking the comfort of leggings, Delia’s Olivia Low-Rise Color Jegging is perfect!  With an assortment of vibrant and eye-catching colors to choose from, you will never have a drab day of style.  Want to save even more money? Partake in Delia’s current BOGO jeans sale and get a second pair for half price!

PacSun ($39.50-$49.50)
Whoever said that colored jeans weren’t for fall was clearly mistaken.  PacSun’s autumn-colored denim leggings will have you ditching blue jeans in no time.  Colors such as Apple, Rust and Hunter Green are subtle enough that you can work them into your everyday wardrobe.  Compelling but never overwhelming – yes!

Don’t let the fear of wearing too much color stop you from trying out one of this season’s hottest trends.  The key to wearing colored jeans is first figuring out how much of a statement you want to make.  Are you looking to add a subtle pop of color to your ensemble or do you want to make a bold statement?  Knowing which colors complement one another and which ones clash will save you from making a season of fashion faux pas! 

Happy styling!

Anjerika Wilmer is a senior at James Madison University, pursuing a degree in Art History and Media Arts & Design with a concentration in Journalism. In addition to being a Branch Manager for Her Campus, Anjerika is a contributing writer for Her Campus JMU. Over the summer, she spent five weeks abroad in Vienna, Austria in search of “the Good.” After her inspirational trip to Vienna, Anjerika hopes to see more of the world, specifically Paris and London. Obsessed with all things girly and feminine, nothing makes her happier than classic cardigans, pleated skirts and oxford shoes! A full-fledged fashionista, Anjerika dedicates her spare time to reading fashion magazines, studying runway, blogging and swooning over Olivia Palermo’s impeccable style. As for the future, she plans to attend graduate school and pursue a career in fashion journalism. Moleskine journal in hand, Anjerika is ready to take the fashion world by storm!