Bluetique: New, Trendy and Affordable

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Bluetique Cheap Chic is now the “itplace to go to fulfill all of your fashionista needs and dreams. With several locations including Lexington, Va. (where it all started); Bowling Green, Ky.; Oxford, Ohio and Charlottesville, Va., they have opened the newest one right here in Harrisonburg.

The Bluetique Harrisonburg collection covers all of the bases. In addition to dresses, denim wear, bottoms and tops, they have the basic camis, bandeaus and leggings and summer shoe necessities (sandals and wedges). Bluetique also has a wide range of accessories from jewelry to scarves, purses and belts. And the best part? The highest price for an item in the store is $69.

I had the pleasure of talking with the Bluetique Harrisonburg staff on the opening day of their store and found out that this has been a project three years in the making and is expanding quite rapidly. It is apparent that they are eager to get to know the Harrisonburg community as a whole… and bleed a little purple. Bluetique always waves the JMU flag outside of the store and even has a huge mural of the Duke Dog and references to our school on the inside.

Bluetique is located at 187 North Main St. near the Blue Nile and a florist. It is open Monday through Saturday 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Sunday 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. Some of their products can be viewed online at http://bluetiquecheapchic.com/ and through social media outlets such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. If you are looking for an outfit to casually wear in the day or something you can rock when you’re on the town at night, Bluetique has plenty of cheap and chic finds you are going to love! 

B.F.A., Studio Art, PrintmakingTrack II Honors Student